Choosing microinverters can help you achieve a good return on your solar investment. They offer very high efficiency to help you generate the most power from your solar modules. They also offer an excellent warranty term of 10 years (or more depending on the manufacturer and model). Below are some of the benefits of choosing microinverters for use with your system:
- Microinverters offer greater energy production over other types of inverters used in residential systems. They offer 5 to 25 percent more power generation than string inverters.
- Microinverters are installed directly on each panel, rather than one per series of panels.
- With microinverters, your solar modules will be less affected by factors that can hinder solar power generation, such as shade, temperature, and dirt.
- Microinverters help protect against the hazards created by direct current electricity. They operate at lower voltages and reduce the risk of shock and fires.
- Microinverters require less maintenance than other inverter types.
- Microinverters are able to operate in more extreme temperature ranges than other inverter types.
- A system with microinverters uses multiple inverters instead of just one. Therefore, if one is malfunctioning, it’s much cheaper to replace one microinverter versus a string inverter.
- Using microinverters offers more flexibility in solar module system design, as they can be used with nearly all panels.
Microinverters truly are a good choice for your solar module system. If you have questions about microinverters or any of the components used in a solar module installation, feel free to call the experts at Smith Sustainable Design for answers.